MC's Music Notes Header
















Rhapsody





Hip Hop Honeys

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lil' Wayne Sports Blogger?


lil wayne picture rapper carter iii
According to a recent Billboard.com article rap artist Lil' Wayne has re-signed with Cash Money, his original recording label since he was a teenager. The contract is for an undisclosed number of albums. Wayne also is Cash Money's current president, and runs an independant label on the side called "Young Money". The most recognizable name from that label is Mack Maine who has appeared on Cash Money mixtapes and the single "Get Money" by Wayne & T-Pain.

Check out the official Cash-Money website here, where you can preview tracks from various artists, learn about the artists on the label, order music and much more.

There's more to be written about and by Lil' Wayne though. Sports fans can now get inside sports commentary from the rapstar, as Wayne is being given his own blog on ESPN. Wayne claims he watches "nothing but sports" so his blog will be "fun". Here's an excerpt from his first entry:

I grew up playing football. Believe it or not, I was a fullback. When I was nine, ten, eleven, I was a great blocker. I knew how to block real good and the other kids didn't. So there I was. One game when I was ten years old we were on the goal line about to score, and coach called the play for me. I was supposed to go one way, but I ended up sneaking around the other side on a sweep. Everybody thought I was already tackled. The ref was already blowin' his whistle. But I was still up and I stutter stepped one way and beat the last guy trying to get me and scored that touchdown. That's my favorite sports memory for myself.

Besides the Packers, my favorite teams are the Red Sox, the Lakers and the Boston Bruins. I also love tennis.


Interesting how Wayne doesn't mention New Orleans sports, but tennis. Maybe we'll see a Roger Federer or Nadal cameo in an upcoming rap video...

Read Lil' Wayne's full ESPN blog here.

If that's not enough, Lil' Wayne's ex-wife is writing too..all about Wayne. Antonia "Toya" Carter divorced Lil' Wayne back in 04' and announced news of her upcoming book via Myspace...You know you're famous when the ex-wife gets a "tell-all details book deal" about you!

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button