MC's Music Notes Header
















Rhapsody





Hip Hop Honeys

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 08, 2006

Papoose - The Hype


I gotta admit one of the stronger verses (they're all solid) on the Hi-Tek produced track "Where It Started At" is the Papoose verse. With lines like "I shoot my tek high, I keep a hi-tek like the producer" or "punks pay dues, not me I pay attention, call it New York cuz we keep re-inventin". I think this guy has the potential to be one of the hotter rappers in the game. Anticipation is already great for him with this mic skill he's presenting. Question is where is he?

I'm not someone who goes after mixtapes often, more a fan of the top quality albums. As mainstream as it is, there's something I don't exactly enjoy about listening to other people rap on already used rap beats. With that in mind I cant speak on how good Papoose's mixtapes are, but have heard good word on them. So with all this promise, hype and backing, you would think he's got enough material and should have an album out. It seems these days waiting too long can almost backfire. I'm not sure that Lupe's sales would have been higher if he had dropped alot sooner. Obviously he wants the best material to drop, but when it leaks a few times many many months prior to a real official drop, it hurts. Papoose should heed this lesson, assemble a team of top notch producers and get to recording. Streets are waitin..

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button