MC's Music Notes Header
















Rhapsody





Hip Hop Honeys

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West Blog Apology to Taylor Swift


kanye west vmas 2009 mtv

After last night's MTV Music awards 2009 Kanye West Taylor Swift incident, the rapper issued an apology to Taylor Swift, her fans and mother. Since there's no official Kanye West Twitter page (Ye hates the site), he used the next best thing, his blog.

From Kanye's blog:

"I'm so sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would've said. She is very talented! I like the lyrics about being a cheerleader and she's in the bleachers! I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment! Beyonce's video was the best of this decade!!! I'm sorry to my fans if I let you guys down!!! I'm sorry to my friends at MTV.

I will apologize to Taylor 2mrw (tomorrow). Welcome to the real world!!! Everybody wanna boo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture! No disrespect but we watchin' (watching) the show at the crib right now cause...well you know!!! I'm still happy for Taylor!!! Booyaa. You are very very talented. I gave my award to Outkast when they deserved it over me. That's what it is! I'm not crazy yall (y'all), I'm just real. Sorry for that! I really feel bad for Taylor and I'm sincerely sorry!!! Much respect!!!"

The stage-rushing incident came early on in the show, moments after Madonna had made a speech remembering Michael Jackson, and then a tribute performance was done on stage with Jackson dancers, and the late singer's sister arriving out to perform "Scream".

Taylor Swift had just won the Best Female video VMA and while she was on stage with her moon man award statue, West interrupted, yanking the mic from her hands to proclaim Beyonce's "Single Ladies" as one of the best videos of all time. After West left the stage, Swift stood in silence stunned. She began her speech but the MTV people chose to start showing a video skit on the big screen featuring Tracy Morgan, which cut her off.

Later in the show, Beyonce won Video of the Year, and in a moment of true grace, she invited Swift back on stage to have her award-winning moment. Many are now praising Beyonce for her move, while Kanye continues to get the not so friendly treatment. Fans and celebs alike were buzzing and downright mad about Kanye's interference, as singers Pink and Katy Perry sounded off on Twitter. It's unlikely we'll see any Pink, Borat, or Katy Perry collaborations with West anytime soon. Now will Lil' Mama please make a public apology to Jay-Z & Alicia Keys for jumping on stage to pose with the duo?

Related: Kanye West's Swift VMA Entrance 2009

(Story Source: Fox40.com)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button

Comments on "Kanye West Blog Apology to Taylor Swift"

 

Blogger The Cookie Blog said ... (9/14/2009 9:47 AM) : 

I am glad you apologized. Taylor Swift did nothing to you. What were you thinking of? When you grabbed that mic, and spoke, you were the judge, juror and executioner. Do what you do best......RAP!

 

post a comment