MC's Music Notes Header
















Rhapsody





Hip Hop Honeys

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 30, 2007

MTV's Top 10 Hottest MC's Today


First, here's the breakdown of MTV's list:

10. Jim Jones
9. Common
8. 50 Cent
7. Jay-Z
6. Young Jeezy
5. Kanye West
4. Andre 3000
3. Game
2. T.I.
1. Lil Wayne

Let the disagreement start. First off, I don't have Lil Wayne and like a lot of his songs. But having listened to rap for quite a while I can't put him at the 1 spot on that list, especially when I see names on the list more deserving. I'd put Common, Jay-Z or Andre 3000 at the 1 spot before Wayne. In fact, those would be my top 3 if that was the list I was working with.

There's some obvious names missing too. Nas is a definite miss by whoever conjured that list up. His album "Hip Hop Was Dead" was praised by many and his wordplay is always on point. Possibly this list is based on sales or who's working with people on projects now, but I'd also consider adding the names Talib Kweli, Papoose, Lupe Fiasco and maybe Saigon on there. That's the real hotness in hip hop.

My guess is this list is MTV's temperature taking of hip-hop right now, but Jim Jones has not done much lately since "We Fly High".

View the MTV list along with its criteria/explanations here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button

Comments on "MTV's Top 10 Hottest MC's Today"

 

Blogger grind said ... (5/16/2008 11:00 PM) : 

you guys got it twisted sway you r good the rest of you guys do your homework andre 3000 and t.i. should b in the top six

 

post a comment